I've recently released Anthropocene v0.1.0
Check it out https://adamsky.itch.io/anthropocene
Below is an excerpt from the readme.
It's a very early release, a lot of question marks and unfinished business all over the place, but it's already able to showcase some of the core features I've been working on lately.
Features in v0.1.0 include:
- connecting to endgame server and querying data from it
- starting a new local server using scenario selected by the user
- using 2d grid downloaded from the server for generating the texture used for region selection on globemap
- you can try changing the regions grid image to see how it will generate a working map with your modifications, see business_as_usual/mods/earth_2015/glob_map/regions/regions.yaml; regions4096_alt.png is already modified - italian peninsula has been replaced with a smiley face
- regions grid image uses color to encode information about what region entities are represented, see business_as_usual/mods/earth_2015/glob_props/cid.yaml
- synchronized running for multiple clients
- try running two instances of the game connected to the same server, the one running at lower turn speed will basically dictate the common speed; the faster speed client has to wait for the slower one
- use the first instance of the game to run a "new local game", then on the second one choose "connect to server"
- address: 127.0.0.1:9321
- password: anthropopass
- you can also run an endgame server manually from the command line, and then connecting to it from both game instances
- if you're willing to use command line you can also try connecting to the same endgame server from both anthropocene instance and an endgame client instance
- core UI functionality, some early mockups for how things could end up looking like
- game settings saved in a persistent location on the machine